A good night's sleep is absolutely essential for good health and most of us need between 7-8 hours every night. Lack of sleep leads to a state of inflammation and high levels of stress hormones, which lead to a wide range of diseases that include type 2 diabetes, hypertension, osteoporosis, heart attacks, strokes, cancer, obesity and much more. It also aggravates any health care condition we might have. In our fast paced lives we don't get enough sleep and many of us resort to using sleeping aids that cannot solve the underlying problems.
All the information on this site is intended solely for educational purposes exclusively for your health care practitioner to consider with you. It is neither ethical nor appropriate for any health care practitioner to give medical advice to anyone who is not their patient.
Insomnia Protocol: Nutritional Support Protocol
1. Participate in a regular balanced exercise program that includes wearing a pedometer to ensure that you collect steps and move more. High intensity short bursts (20-60 seconds) of activity during the day are recommended to enhance growth hormone release. Also engage in resistance training that works all major muscle groups (work each group at least 2 times a week). Avoid exercise late in the day.
2. Avoid extra stress and obligations.
3. Rule out hormone imbalance/deficiencies.
4. Rule out hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia, and weak adrenal function.
5. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
6. Avoid caffeine containing products, stimulant-containing herbs, and hypoglycemic conditions.
7. Check prescription drugs for side effects. Many contain caffeine.
8. Dr. Saputo also recommends you take our Insomnia Assessment
1. Eat turkey or drink warm milk before bed as they contain tryptophan. Calcium and magnesium at bedtime have a relaxing effect on the body and can aid sleep.
2. Whey protein or other quality protein is essential at every meal to stabilize blood sugar levels.
3. Avoid sugar and sweetened products. Replace sugar with the polyol sugar xylitol.
4. Avoid taking stimulating nutrients late in the day like carnitine and B vitamins.
Get a FREE 15 minute nutritional consultation with Geoffrey Marx, NC
When creating a supplement program that includes more than a few supplements, it can be very helpful to have the support of a trained nutritionist to create a protocol that can fulfill your specific needs. This can be especially helpful when addressing one or more health concerns.
Here at DoctorSaputo.com our goal is to assist you in developing a program that simplifies your supplement needs but still addresses each of your issues rather than sell you loads of products. Whenever you purchase products, DoctorSaputo.com offers a FREE 15 Minute Consultation with Geoffrey Marx, NC, or one of his colleagues by telephone.
Click Here To sign up for a FREE consultation
Click Here If you are interested in a Full Consultation with a detailed Report of Findings with Geoffrey Marx, NC
Inositol 100 gm Powder
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Product Contains: Inositol 700 mg.